They who love it are better than those who know it，and they who delight in it are better than those who love it.
Institute of Biomedical Engineering
Senior Principal Investigator
2019 - Present
Shenzhen Bay Laboratory Senior Principal Investigator
2004 - Present
Peking University Professor & Doctoral Supervisor
2002 - 2004
Kyushu University Postdoctoral Fellow & Special Researcher
Peking University Associate Professor
1997 - 1999
Peking University Postdoctoral Fellow
TAN Wenchang has been engaged in the research of biomechanics and non-Newtonian fluid mechanics for a long time. A series of research results have been achieved, in intracellular calcium signal transduction, calcium spark biomechanics, hemodynamics, mechanical analysis and numerical simulation of cardiovascular diseases, quantitative physiology, fractional abnormal diffusion, viscoelastic fluid dynamics, heat flow in porous media, micro-flow, etc.
TAN has published more than 100 SCI papers in internationally renowned journals, with a total of more than 2000 citations. He is a council member of the Chinese Society of Mechanics; member of the 5th, 6th and 7th National Biomechanics Professional Committee, member of the Fluid Mechanics Professional Committee of Chinese Mechanics Society, and leader of the 9th National Multiphase Flow and Non-Newtonian Flow Professional Group; Beijing Biomedical Engineering Member of the Society, Deputy Director of the Biomechanics Professional Committee of the Beijing Biomedical Engineering Society; Member of the Biomechanics and Biorheology Professional Committee of the Chinese Biophysical Society. He is an editorial board member of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, WSEAS Transaction on Fluid Mechanics, WSEAS Transactions on Applied and Theoretical Mechanics, Acta Mechanica Sinica, Beijing Biomedical Engineering, Medical Biomechanics, and Biomedical Engineering Research.
Anomalous Subdiffusion of Ca2+ Spark
Cardiovascular Numerical Simulation
• Japan Society for the Promotion of Science JSPS Fund (2002)
• Supported by Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University (2005)
• The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars (2008)
• Changjiang Distinguished Professor of the Ministry of Education (2011)
• Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Supervisor of Peking University (2012)
• State Department special allowance experts (2014)
• The First Prize of Natural Science of the Ministry of Education (the first person to complete) (2015)
1. Xudong Chen, Yundi Feng, Yunlong Huo, Wenchang Tan*, Effects of rogue ryanodine receptors on Ca2+ sparks in cardiac myocytes. Royal Society Open Science, 2018, 5(2):171462.
2. Tingting Fan, Yundi Feng, Feng Feng, Zhongjie Yin, Dayou Luo, Yuan Lu, Yingjin Xu, Wenchang Tan*, Yunlong Huo, A comparison of postoperative morphometric and hemodynamic changes between saphenous vein and left internal mammary artery grafts. Physiological Reports, 2017, 5(21):e13487.
3. Yuan Lu, Hao Wu, Jiahang Li, Yanjun Gong, Jiahui Ma, Ghassan S. Kassab, Yong Huo, Wenchang Tan*, Yunlong Huo, Passive and active triaxial wall mechanics in a two-layer model of porcine coronary artery. Sci Rep, 2017, 7(1).
4. Haotian Wu, Li Li, Pei Niu, Xu Huang, Jiny Liu, Fengshun Zhang, Wenzeng Shen, Wenchang Tan*, Yiling Wu, Yunlong Huo, The Structure-function remodeling in rabbit hearts of myocardial infarction. Physiological Reports, 2017, 5(12):e13311.
5. Suihan Cui, Zhongzhen Wu, Shu Xiao, Liangliang Liu, Bocong Zheng, Hai Lin, Ricky K. Y. Fu, Xiubo Tian, Paul K. Chu, Wenchang Tan*, Feng Pan, Electromagnetic control and optimization of high power impulse magnetron sputtering discharges in cylindrical source. Acta Physica Sinca, 2017, 66(9).