Institute of Biomedical Health Technology and Engineering
Senior Principal Investigator
2021 - Present
Shenzhen Bay Laboratory Senior Principal Investigator
2013 - Present
Tsinghua University Shenzhen International Graduate School Professor
2007 - 2021
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore Professor
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore Associate Professor
2004 - 2005
National University of Singapore Head of Dept of Computational Science
1997 - 2005
Department of Computational Science, National University of Singapore Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
Ionis Pharmaceuticals Scientist
1996 - 1997
University of Toledo Visiting Assistant Professor
1989 - 1996
Purdue University Postdoc
University of Manchester, UK PhD
Institute of Theoretical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences MSc
1978 - 1982
Dalian University of Technology BSc
1. AI in biomedical applications
3. Computer aided drug design
4. Science and arts (protein art, protein music)
- Invented inverse docking method for target discovery
- Developed the popular therapeutic target database TTD
- One of the pioneers in machine learning drug discovery and biological research
- Successfully predicted clinical success of drug targets
- Discovered clustered patterns of nature-derived drugs
Research indicators: H-Index 49 (SCI), 52 (Scopus), Citations: 8940 (SCI), 9761 (Scopus)
The MolMap object generation
• Outstanding Scientist Award 2007, Science Faculty, National University of Singapore
- Paper on topic of 'out-of-the-box deep learning prediction of pharmaceutical properties' was published by Nature sub-journals. Click here to read.
(1) Shen, Wanxiang; Zeng, Xian; Zhu, Feng; Wang, Yali; Qin, Chu; Tan, Ying; Jiang, Yuyang*; Chen, Yuzong*, Out-of-the-box deep learning prediction of pharmaceutical properties by broadly learned knowledge-based molecular representations. Nat. Mach. Intell., 2021, 3 (4), 334-343.
(2) Li, Yinghong; Li, Xiaoxu; Hong, Jiajun; Wang, Yunxia; Fu, Jianbo; Yang, Hong; Yu, Chunyan; Li, Fengcheng; Hu, Jie; Xue, Weiwei; Jiang, Yuyang; Chen, Yuzong*; Zhu, Feng*, Clinical trials, progression-speed differentiating features and swiftness rule of the innovative targets of first-in-class drugs. Briefings in Bioinformatics, 2020, 21 (2), 649-662.
(3) Zeng, Xian; Zhang, Peng; Wang, Yali; Qin, Chu; Chen, Shangying; He, Weidong; Tao, Lin; Tan, Ying; Gao, Dan; Wang, Bohua; Chen, Zhe; Chen, Weiping*; Jiang, Yuyang*; Chen, Yuzong*, CMAUP: a database of collective molecular activities of useful plants. Nucleic Acids Research, 2019, 47 (D1), D1118-D1127.
(4) Feng Zhu, Xiaoxu Li, Shengyong Yang, Yuzong Chen*. Clinical Success of Drug Targets Prospectively Predicted by In Silico Study. Trends Pharmacol Sci 39(3):229-231. (2018)
Zeng, Xian; Zhang, Peng; He, Weidong; Qin, Chu; Chen, Shangying; Tao, Lin; Wang, Yali; Tan, Ying; Gao, Dan; Wang, Bohua; Chen, Zhe; Chen, Weiping*; Jiang, Yuyang*; Chen, Yuzong*, NPASS: natural product activity and species source database for natural product research, discovery and tool development. Nucleic Acids Research, 2018, 46 (D1), D1217-D1222.